View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 12:50 PM

Thanked 1,666 Times in 796 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
No way is a RB or guard worth the #3 pick. Barkley and Nelson are probably going to be very good players. But you don't need a top 5 pick at either position to have an elite player there. On the other hand you usually do need a top 1st rounder to have an elite pass rusher. Passing on Chubb seems like a bad choice to me, we are hurting for 4-3 DEs and that is one of the few positions where an individual makes the most difference on an NFL team.
This is basically my feeling, and even if I agree with Brett Kollman's most recent film room, in which he says Barkley is the best RB prospect in over a decade and is the second coming of LaDainian Tomlinson, I still don't know about taking him at 3. I'd hate to miss out on him, but I'd likewise hate to leave holes on a defense that is more full of holes than the offense.

Also, not sure why Chubb wouldn't have an immediate Freeney-like impact. He's a slightly different kind of player so may not expect the speed-demon outside rushes, but he is still the kind of guy who can come in and have an impact right away.