View Single Post
Old 12-28-2018, 06:06 PM

Thanked 4,396 Times in 2,529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
That’s an understatement if Good is accurately recounting what DeGuglielmo said. I’ll say it’s hard to understand on it’s face – why would the coach beat him down like that after his brother had just been killed? – but I’m not a football coach and admittedly sometimes those guys do some pretty damned stupid stuff in an effort to “motivate” the players, so I can’t rule it out as impossible.

Good was obviously in a tough spot and probably already feeling unfairly treated since he had just lost his brother and, in dealing with THAT situation which was completely out of his control, he ended up losing his job because Smith came in his absence and played so well.

Holder seems to suggest, based upon his prior dealings with the Colts coaching staff, that the Colts did everything they could for him and that Good might not be providing a completely fair description of the situation. The Colts probably won’t comment.
I could see it going like this:

Good: Man, I just don't have it today

Coach G: Suck it up, man.

Good: I'm still feeling the loss, coach.

Coach G: The team needs you. Suck it up.

Good (to himself) That was harsh. This guy is a jerk (aloud) I don't know, coach.

Coach G: (tohimself) How can I motivate him to get through this?) We need you, man.

Good. Not today, coach. Maybe tomorrow.

Coach G: If you are going to quit on this team, you will never play a snap again.

Good: I need to go see Ballard

Either that, or Coach G is an A-hole