View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 10:50 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post
Also a factor: I don't think the Colts can get away with stashing either Cain or Fountain on the PS.

It does feel like an either/or to me, despite their differing skill sets. I just think Rogers/Pascal is your WR4.
I think you are probably correct about only one making the roster, although I'm not sure this is in stone. I think Fountain may have the inside track. Several reasons. First he was drafted one round earlier, the Colts liked his upside better at the time. Both are developmental types, otherwise why 5th and 6th round? Fountain's development seems to be around running routes and being consistent. He is much improved from last year. Cain's main issue was dropped passes. From what I read this continues to be an issue. I have no idea what Ballard/Reich are thinking on this. They may keep both or neither (doubt that). I wouldn't forget Hogan or Johnson either.

Another player people seem to think will not make the team that I think does is Tell. Long, athletic corner making the switch from safety. Hairston (Ballard must have hated seeing a TD thrown that he couldn't break up because of reach) and Collins seem to be headed in the wrong direction. Its a reason to watch pre-season.