Thread: Rivers!
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2020, 06:05 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,060 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
Interesting. If the Jets really are 0-8 on Nov 3, I could see a midseason trade like this, particularly if the Jets' primary competitors for the No. 1 pick have each won a game or two by that point. This would give the acquiring team an opportunity to assess Darnold in their offense before making a decision on the fifth year option, so the Jets could probably extract maximum value at that point.

The Colts as a midseason destination might pose some obstacles in my view. First, we'd almost certainly have to get rid of one of the QBs on our roster (bye Jacoby - unless Eason is really stinking up the joint and we want to gamble on getting him to the practice squad). Second, I don't know if the Colts would be able to give Darnold a lot of playing time if they are in the playoff race as expected, and how prepared could he be to contribute coming into a new offense at that point?

You could cut another position and keep four QB's. Darnold's value is maxed right now just so a team could evaluate him. But I don't know how much evaluation you are going to get in a covid half-season. After the trade deadline, his value starts to go down and you could get him cheaper the closer to the draft you go or maybe even sign him as a free agent. We can wait till draft day, no one is banging the door down for Darnold.

Last edited by Chromeburn; 10-15-2020 at 06:26 PM.