View Single Post
Old 09-15-2020, 08:41 PM

Thanked 1,655 Times in 794 Posts

I'll comment here to do my take on that dude no one cares about anymore who did a dopey report card for Rats.

Passive Offense: B-
Interceptions and late drops lower this grade, but they were moving the ball and gaining a lot of yards. Campbell and TY were open a lot. Passes to the RBs were working quite well.

Rushing Offense: C+
Losing Mack was killer, and they just abandoned the run after that. It worked in spots but failures to convert short yardage situations is worrisome. That was something that was NOT a problem last year, what happened?

Rushing Defense: D
It's not an F only because they got a little better in the 2nd half, but this was a dismal showing from the D-line who got pushed around, and LBs were generally out of position, letting backs get the 2nd level the entire first half of the game, and frequently in the second half.

Passing Defense: F
What else can you say when you give up 19/20 on passing? Let them have an F+ because we got some pressure here and there? Nah. The thing is, despite the sacks, you got get pressure every down. Even when you don't sack the qb, an effective pass rush will still disrupt his timing. That's not happening enough with this defense, and obviously neither is that soft zone.

Special Teams: B
They say the miss was tipped, I haven't seen the replay. But a miss is a miss. Returns were OK. Coverage was OK.

Coaching: F
I almost hate to say it, but Frank Reich has not shown a ton of improvement in his decision making. He admitted to a lot of it this week, but that doesn't change the fact that he doesn't improve from his mistakes. In fact, his awareness of them coupled with failure to correct them has become THE problem for this staff. I think at the least he needs to give up on the idea of calling plays and be the head coach and let the OC be the OC and call the plays. If this season looks like last in terms of bone-headed plays and late game mistakes, and there's no improvement in the W/L column, he's on the hot seat as far as I'm concerned. Yes, I said it.
And everyone is still questioning the defensive scheme.
And why did the defense look so confused?

Overall: F
Came in talking a lot of swagger and took a big shit and rolled around in it. Better check yourself for next week.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to HoosierinFL For This Useful Post:
Chaka (09-16-2020), Hoopsdoc (09-16-2020), IndyNorm (09-16-2020), omahacolt (09-16-2020), Racehorse (09-16-2020), smitty46953 (09-15-2020)