View Single Post
Old 03-11-2020, 01:52 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,663 Times in 2,048 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
I pretty much agree. They’ll sign Rivers and draft Fromm or Gordon. They’ll “go after” the top tier guys, but settle on the a couple tier 2 and tier 3 guys. The exception possibly being Hunter Henry (if you consider him top tier). I think he’ll be heavily pursued by the Colts and could possibly be landed since TE isn’t a “premier” position (not the same dollars as DE, DT, or OT). We saw what Ebron meant to the system and Henry obviously has familiarity with Rivers, so he makes sense on multiple fronts.

I’m not sure I agree on Sanders though. He’s not a fit due to age IMO. I could see like Higgins or Agholor. And of course they’ll add someone in the first two rounds of the draft and possibly an additional one later. Although I’m hoping they resign Funchess instead of double dipping in the draft - WRs often take a year or two to develop.

I agree on DE and DT - they’ll settle on a lower tier guy still in his mid to late 20s. And they‘ll spend one of the other first or second round picks on the other position.

Personally I’d like to see them pursue Byron Jones. They need help at CB and if they are signing Rivers I think they need that help now. I doubt they’d land him if they do though.
I can’t see Fromm, Ballard likes his athletes and traits. Fromm has the mental makeup and I think he will interview well, but he struggles to make basic throws and I can’t see him making big throws. Gordon has a quick release but that’s about it. His mechanics are a mess and he is a statue in the pocket. Eason is a possibility in my mind, he has the arm and athletiscm, but he needs to sit and learn. Also needs to grow up a little. Rivers might be a good mentor for him. They also looked at the Northern Colorado QB Joe Knipp today.

I hope they do not sign Agolohor, that guy couldn’t catch the corona virus if he was stuck in an over crowded woohan hospital. But I agree he might be more likely than Sanders.

I’m not sold on Funchess, and I think his tag is too high. If he is cheaper. I think they want a tall guy who can jump ball it. But I think they need a route runner who can get open. There are a lot of big guys with big wing spans in this draft.