View Single Post
Old 04-20-2019, 07:04 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
It depends on context. I’m guessing a lot of you guys are referring to stand up comedians, and most of the "great" ones like Richard Pryor and George Carlin are dead. Perhaps in 20 years, the current crop of stand ups will be seen as classics, I don’t know. I’ve personally never been a huge fan of the genre.

In the context of movies, though, Richard Pryor flat out sucked. There can be no dispute on this point. Stir Crazy was decent, but everything else was total Sucksville. He had a worse batting average than Nicholas Cage.

I certainly won’t argue that Sandler has a 1.000 batting average himself, far from it, but all I can say is that I’ve laughed a lot harder during my 10+ viewings of Happy Gilmore than I ever did during Caddyshack.
So basically what you are saying is that you are young. And didn’t see both generations. I can tell you without any hesitation Sandler does not belong in the same sentence as the likes of Rodney and Prior. Hell Chevy Chase has had a better movie career than Sandler. Eddie Murphy has too. Sandlers not as good as you think he is. He’s ok. But most of his stuff is stupid

Again. I am assuming you are in your 20-30s. Am I correct?