View Single Post
Old 02-10-2021, 07:43 PM

Thanked 4,397 Times in 2,530 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
Again I would have bit the bullet and traded up last year if I liked one of the guys (yes paying the price) or I would have moved draft capital into this year to go get my guy. Or I would do that this year for next year. It isn’t about who I think it should be, it’s about who THEY think it should be. If their answer is “the best bet we can get cheaply” then I disagree with the prioritization of the position. It’s not about not having solved it. It’s that so far it appears (based on theirs words and known actions) that their method for solving it isn’t aggressive enough in my view. I believe a franchise QB is the single most important part of winning SBs in the NFL. If you disagree fine. If you think Wentz or Darnold or Dalton are the answer fine. But simply thinking whatever Ballard did was the only bestest option is fucking stupid.

And I’ll repeat for like the 4th fucking time - I’m not calling for Ballard to be fired. I’m not complaining he hasn’t solved the situation in a year. I’ve repeatedly said I like him. I simply would prefer to roll the dice on whoever they think the guy is - not just take what doesn’t cost much.
With our first pick already traded. trading the second would have left us with very little draft capital, and Taylor would not be a Colt.