View Single Post
Old 03-11-2020, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
I can’t see Fromm, Ballard likes his athletes and traits. Fromm has the mental makeup and I think he will interview well, but he struggles to make basic throws and I can’t see him making big throws. Gordon has a quick release but that’s about it. His mechanics are a mess and he is a statue in the pocket. Eason is a possibility in my mind, he has the arm and athletiscm, but he needs to sit and learn. Also needs to grow up a little. Rivers might be a good mentor for him. They also looked at the Northern Colorado QB Joe Knipp today.

I hope they do not sign Agolohor, that guy couldn’t catch the corona virus if he was stuck in an over crowded woohan hospital. But I agree he might be more likely than Sanders.

I’m not sold on Funchess, and I think his tag is too high. If he is cheaper. I think they want a tall guy who can jump ball it. But I think they need a route runner who can get open. There are a lot of big guys with big wing spans in this draft.
Probably true on Fromm. I thought about Eason as well, but Ballard has put a lot of emphasis on leadership when selecting other positions. I find it hard to believe he’d overlook it at QB. It’s probably my personal opinion, but at QB I’d definitely rank the mental aspects higher than the physical. And I’m not sure I’d count on Rivers being much of a mentor. My memory is he’s had an issue with previous talk about the Chargers drafting his replacement. I’m not sure he’d accept that role.

Agholor isn’t who I’d like them to sign, but he’ll be in the age and price range and has history with Reich so I wouldn’t be surprised at all.

I wasn’t sold on the Funchess signing last year because it was only a one year deal. But they supposedly saw something in him they went after heavily and unfortunately we didn’t get a chance to see it on the field to know. He still fits the bill age wise and whatever they saw should still be there. And he knows the system. His cost should be lower this year than last although I’d still prefer to overpay this year with a team option for another year. Overall, I hope for a round 1-2 rookie, resigning of Funchess, and another low tier free agent. Then let them compete.