Thread: Autry
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2018, 07:39 PM

Thanked 2,257 Times in 1,216 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
All of those things can be and are regularly erased both in the positive and negative direction by player performance, so no. Examples from last game: the Autry sack where he jailbroke up the middle, the playcall on either side was irrelevant because of player performance. On the opposite side of the spectrum, any drop.

Still require player performance, dumbass.

To me, in the situation, the smart play was the tie. Reich's aggressiveness on 4th downs also potentially cost the Colts the @ Jaguars game. Don't get me wrong, I prefer the aggressiveness in most situations on 4th down (I specifically didn't bring up the Jaguars game initially because I mostly agreed with the decisions, even though I thought the calls were underwhelming in a couple of cases), but I tend to like to play the percentages with 4th downs, and that 4th down against Houston was very low percentage. A punt virtually locked a tie, while a failure to convert was almost assuredly a loss, and a conversion was maybe win/more likely still tie. To me, you're less than 50/50 on that 4th and 4 for getting a more positive result by going for it than punting, probably more like 25/75.

I don't have anything to admit to being wrong about.

Also, I'd like to point out that several people here have compared you to Trump.
So Chud's dumbass offense that had verticals on virtually every play, with only O-Line protection was a smart scheme?

Luck wouldn't succeed in that scheme...but yet they ran it with a guy who had just joined the team in Brissett?

That my lost soul is coaching...and any HC who signs off on that BS is rotting from the head.