View Single Post
Old 11-28-2017, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
A winning team... that's tough to read with a straight face, let alone say out loud. We led 7 of our 8 losses at halftime. Our season average second half points is 6.5. By Pags' logic, we should call an 8-3 team that was behind at halftime for 7 of it's wins a losing team.

Despite my own attempts to convince myself to the contrary, I knew at halftime we were going to lose the Tennessee game. After we forced two turnovers and held them to 8 yards rushing or somesuch. Everyone on this board probably knew it too.
Yes, that little gem was a perfect glimpse into Chuckie's bizzaro world where losing is winning but what frustrated me more was the first point re: not being able to figure things out......I get it's not easy to figure out why guys make some of the poise/mental mistakes they do and change it....like fielding a punt at the 5 yard line, failing to throw your body over a fumble deep in your own end zone, etc.....pick your poison. But to consistently fail to recognize and handle blitzes is UNEXCUSABLE.......it is absolutely something that the Offensive coaching brain trust, the QB, the line, and the receivers should be able to diagnose as a systemic issue and learn how to read and adjust and get better. The fact that they aren't getting better in some areas that are basic football really troubles me........and for them to have such learned helplessness about it just pisses me off.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1965southpaw For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (11-29-2017), njcoltfan (11-28-2017), Pez (11-29-2017)