View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 08:30 AM

I am also having to try to contain my expectations from Swoope as a receiving threat. But where i think i have my biggest issues is how much of a liability he might be in pass protection. I have hopes that he could become a legitimate match-up nightmare down the middle of the field for defenses.

If Doyle were to miss any game time i don't have any issues with Swoope picking up the slack as a receiver (actually i suspect even though he will be the No. 2 TE he will end up with considerably more yards than Doyle this season anyway), but it is that our 3rd TE would probably have to move up to the No. 1 slot as the blocking TE, which clearly would make the offense far more predictable. Doyle is a player who has performed brilliantly and is an all around TE, who just does his job but isn't going to be considered to be the best at either aspect of the role in the NFL, but he gives the offense so much variety in the playbook.

If both stay healthy i am very happy with our TE's and expect to get outstanding production from them this season.