View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 10:32 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,402 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
First, I realize you don’t know where Nelson would have went if the draft fell differently. Everyone lies - before and after the draft. Second, other than landing Peyton, Elway has been full of questionable decision making. Not sure he should be your go to proof that the league values guards as top 6 picks. Third, I’ll state again that the idea that drafting Nelson was the only way to fix the Oline is a stupid argument. Would a tackle not have helped at all? Luck threw 50 times because the team couldn’t run and couldn’t stop Andy Dalton. My concern for Luck hasn’t went away from the drafting of one player. So please stop with that BS.

I was actually agreeing that at this point it doesn’t matter. I’m not sure how saying the pick will be judged by Ballards ability to build a team is crazy. The #6 pick should be a building block for the team. I believe he chose the wrong block. So how can what he ultimately builds not be considered when viewing the pick? But I’m tired of the argument. You can absolve Ballard from any responsibility for it all you want. He had no other option, I get it.

If there had been an OT available that was better than Nelson then I would have been all for taking him. I actually think Nelson could probably play OT better than any of the OT's that were in the draft