View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 06:05 PM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

I like Eberflus and wish people would tone down the HC talk FFS. He's probably the best DC we've had since that guy from the Broncos in 2009, the one Polian overruled and made us go back to the shitty Tampa 2. I like the way he uses the front 7 (or 6, really, since we often only use 2 LBs). It's nice to see effective stunts on the DL, Teerlinck's stunts were garbage. I was a little skeptical of the Marinelli-style DL but I can't gripe about it much at this point. I think we're one blue-chip pass rusher away from a top DL. Lots of good complimentary rushers that can get hot and ruin a drive.

I don't think Leonard or Walker become the players they have, not even close, without Eberflus. I like the way he uses Geathers. I still don't care for some of the situational coverages, and sometimes I don't like the way he uses Hooker/the FS, but I've come to think some of Hooker's issues are injury-related.

Maybe he will have some familiarity with how to best attack Prescott and get him rattled but I don't expect to shut down the Cowboys. With Cooper and Elliot playing well they are hard to stop.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FatDT For This Useful Post:
Butter (12-10-2018), southside asshole (12-13-2018)