View Single Post
Old 01-30-2017, 11:53 AM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

I'll just throw out some FAs that I think would be worth looking at based on what the team needs.

Defense:

Dontari Poe, NT, Chiefs. Age: 27.

Only if his back is healthy. His down season could mean he's not as expensive, and the connection to Ballard is obvious. At his best he is a dominant NT.

Kawann Short, DT, Panthers. Age: 28

It depends on what style of defense this team will have going forward, but Short is explosive and disruptive on the line. I thought we had all this DL depth but we're back to needing good linemen.

Calais Campbell, DE/DT, Cardinals. Age: 31.

See above. I think Campbell probably fits what Pagano supposedly wants to do moreso than Short. Age is a factor here though.

Brandon Williams, NT, Ravens. Age: 28

He has that Baltimore connection, and has played at a high level for the Ravens as a starter at NT. We need a NT. I like Parry as more of a rotational player.

Johnathan Hankins, NT, Giants. Age: 25

Not sure what he'll cost. He can be a load in the middle. Transition to 3-4 NT might not be worth it.

--

Chandler Jones, DE/OLB, Cardinals. Age: 27.

I'm not that sold on Jones, but we need pass rushers and there's a lot to not like in the draft at that spot. I'm guessing he'll sign long-term with the Cardinals, but if he doesn't the Colts should take a look.

Melvin Ingram, DE/OLB, Chargers. Age: 28

This is another OLB I'm not sold on, but we need pass rush. I see him as a complimentary pass rusher, not a guy you build around.

Dont'a Hightower, ILB, Patriots. Age: 27.

Injuries are an issue but he's a talented ILB/MLB.

Zach Brown, ILB, Bills. Age: 27.

This was a no-brainer sign last offseason. Thanks for nothing Grigson. I think he'd be a good fit here if we keep the 3-4.

--

Eric Berry, S, Chiefs. Age: 28.

There may be some skillset overlap between him and Geathers but he'd instantly be the most-talented player on our defense. Obviously there's the Ballard connection too.

Trumaine Johnson, CB, Rams. Age: 27.

He's about as talented as Vontae in coverage. Not nearly the same level of tackler though. Corners seem pretty overvalued right now, he'll probably get paid.

Stephon Gilmore, CB, Bills. Age: 26.

Young and a solid cover corner.

Morris Claiborne, CB, Cowboys. Age: 27.

One-year wonder but he's always been talented.

Offense:

Kevin Zeitler, G, Bengals. Age: 27.

The left side of the line is set, but the right side isn't complete even with the end-of-season improvement. Zeitler is durable and talented and only 27. He's been consistently good since his rookie season.

Larry Warford, G, Lions. Age: 26.

Great rookie year, solid career so far, and he's still very young.

Andrew Whitworth, OT, Bengals. Age: 35

Old but still good. He'd be a stop-gap at one of the OT spots but he's still playing well.

--

Le'Veon Bell, RB, Steelers. Age: 25.

Injury is a concern, but he's still young and is arguably the best RB in the NFL when healthy. Not sure Pittsburgh will let him go.

Last edited by FatDT; 01-30-2017 at 11:59 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FatDT For This Useful Post:
apballin (02-04-2017), Coltsalr (01-30-2017), Hoopsdoc (01-30-2017), Puck (02-04-2017)