View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 09:44 AM

Thanked 1,197 Times in 528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
We can afford two new starters on the OL, a pass rusher, and we will still have lots of money left over.
There are some interesting names to sign in free agency at OT.

The sure-fire stater is Nate Solder (NE) who had a down year in Cheater land in 2017. He has thrown together a good career and is only 29 so I suspect he would be good for a 3/4 year contract. If signed, let him and 'Stanzo duke it out for LT duties while the loser slides to RT.

Behind Solder, there are a couple of guys who have not been full-time starters that I would be interested in seeing if they are better options than Good or Reitz.

Cameron Flemming, NE
Chris Hubbard, PIT
cornelius Lucas, LAR
Austin Pasztor, ATL
Seantrel Hendersen, BUF

Pasztor was a full time starter prior to being on IR in 2017. All the rest have only been depth or part time starters due to injury at this point.

NE is only $17m under the cap with two OTs hitting free agency. My guess is that only one will be re-signed so we could have a shot at either Solder or Flemming which would be great.

PIT is only $6m under the cap with the decision on RB Bell to make. Hubbard might also hit the market which is great because of the guys available, Solder, Flemming and Hubbard are my top guys.

OG? Yeah, I have not looked at them yet but I am under the impression that there are a ton of guys there with good skillsets.

So, in my perfect world, we sign:

1x OT (Solder, Flemming, Hubbard)
1x OG (starter level FA from another team)
1x OG Jack Mewhort

and then draft in 3rd or 4th round 1x O-Linemen to add to the mix

retain 'Stanzo, Kelly, Haeg, Good and Bond/Person.

That is 9 bodies with Haeg, Good, Bond/Person and the rookie being the depth guys behind 'Stanzo, Kelly, Mewhort and the 2x free agents.

That is very doable.....along with signing defensive free agents to help the transition to the 4-3 and a few offensive skill players (WR, RB) to add to the mix.

Walk Worthy,