View Single Post
Old 02-04-2017, 09:29 AM
Administrator

Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,402 Posts

By looking at ages/injuries of players here are the positions I think Ballard will need to address in the draft

S. Mike Adams 35
OLB Cole 34. Mathis has retired
RB. Frank Gore. 33
CB. Robinson Davis (injuries)

I think we are probably set at Safety but if Hooker falls to us we might need to grab onto him

CB is very high on my list. Vontae is good but I wouldn't put him as elite anymore and we have too many injuries for this not to be a top priority. I think we need to find a new #1 CB and move VD to #2. Marshshon Lattimore??? Said to be the next Vontae Davis

OLB. I think we can get a very good OLB in round 2. Tim Williams, Takkarist McKinnley or Solomon Thomas may fall to us in the 2nd.

RB. I love Frank Gore. I think he is a beast, but his age is going to start showing eventually. Recovery time for a RB has to be brutal. I wish Ferguson would have turned out, and maybe he will with a yr under his belt, but if Ballard doesnt see it he is looking at Todman or drafting another RB. If Delvin Cook falls to us in the first I will not be upset if we take him. I'd actually like that a lot, but if not the Hunt kid might be a great pick in the 3rd.

My order of preference would be

1. CB. Unless Cook is available then I'd take him and move the everything else down a spot
2. Olb.
3. RB or ILB depending on if Cook is taken
4. OLB
5. OT
6 Punter/KO

There is depth in this class at pass rush. So I dont think there is a need to use the first pick on one.