View Single Post
Old 12-28-2017, 01:43 PM

Good list and good info

two top priorities on our FA list would be AV and Melvin.

This offseason I think we will really see how Ballard views the team and how he wants to build it. Pretty much have some core pieces he/we will keep and the rest he can add or subtract as he sees fit with this type of money.

I like what he did with the DL last year. It was much improved this season. The run D as we have all season is bad at times off tackle and once RBs get past the front line, but there is no more being gashed continuously straight up the middle.

If he continues that success with the rest of the team AND Luck comes back healthy AND they make a good coaching hire AND he drafts smart with the top picks, the future is bright and this will be a bad headache of a season necessary to get back on track

All those things have to happen though. Can't screw up any of them.

This offseason is basically a GMs dream in this league. You have a team that had a bad season due to numerous injuries and a coach the GM didn't want. You get top five picks and a huge FA spending number, plus you get to hire a new coach and again assuming Luck comes back healthy, you have a franchise QB in place and don't have to worry about that most important element of a team.

This offseason I would think is the opportunity Ballard has been working for his whole life and is his best chance to prove his worth at his position.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DrSpaceman For This Useful Post:
bertjones (12-29-2017), Racehorse (12-28-2017), sherck (12-28-2017), VeveJones007 (12-30-2017)