View Single Post
Old 12-28-2017, 10:36 AM

Thanked 4,399 Times in 2,530 Posts

Okay, so I looked at Cleveland, and they are in great shape because they are paying a rookie QB and have tons of money available. Mostly because nobody wants to go there except to get (over)paid. They would be in cap hell if they cut their highly paid players.

SF is in the same boat as Cleveland when it comes to the QB situation, but Giraffalo will eat up a ton of their space. To answer FatDT's question about how they get cap space, SF ate Kaep's bad contract and a few others this year to give them space next year. The strong finish they made this season will make them aggressive in free agency because they think they are on the right track and their division is not a lock for any of the teams in it.

The Jests are also paying nobody to be the QB. I think they are going to be actively pursuing one via the draft or free agency. I could see them make a play for Eli or Brees if either hits free agency. If not, they will be a trade partner for someone this draft. Maybe we can trade them Brisket if Luck is good to go.
Spike (12-28-2017)