View Single Post
Old 12-22-2018, 05:09 PM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
He is a top back. Can be split out at wide receiver. Great pass blocker. If he is willing to sign for what top backs make why not? We have the money, he doesn’t cost draft capital and lets us focus on defense on draft day. The downside is his drug suspensions. Contract would have to have protections. I’m not sure you can say that this is not a Ballard move. We have not seen Ballard be a GM in any circumstances except full rebuild. The culture he wanted is already here If Bells salary concerns are reasonable (my guess is he is more concerned about guaranteed money so his financial future is secured) then I wouldn’t be the least surprised to see Bell sporting a horseshoe next year

And I of course would be the total homer I am and love the move if they did it
He was guaranteed $14 million this year and he turned it down. So whatever financial security he is after will probably be more than Ballard is willing to pay. I don’t think anyone will argue that Bell isn’t a great RB. And yeah we could pay hi what he wants and still have more cap room than anyone. But I don’t think Ballard will depart from the way he does business so drastically.