Thread: The build
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2018, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
Maybe you should seek help. Your anger about a stupid message board is not healthy.

On the football side, I think you have a different idea about how to build a team than Ballard does. I get it. Not all GMs are identical in how they do it. Now I don’t think you’re a troll, but I do disagree with your criticisms. As a HS coach, I see the value in taking a step back to build a culture because I had to do it. It sacrifices a season, but pays off dividends in the future. Maybe you agree on that, but just can’t explain it in a way that we can agree. Maybe you don’t. Hard to tell on here.
Who said I’m angry?

I understand the importance of culture. I’m aware of companies that have had to start from scratch to effect the necessary change. But while I would never suggest the Pagano lead Colts had a great team culture, I’m not aware of it being that degree of toxic either.

Interestingly I just went back and read the first 20 pages of the off-season free agency thread. I saw plenty of big wishes on who the team would sign. And I saw arguments on the value of certain players. Want to know what I didn’t see? Anyone suggesting that Ballard couldn’t bring in free agents because they would stunt the growth of the young players. Or anyone suggesting the team needed to “take a step back” to rebuild the culture of the team. I find that interesting considering how obvious both of those things seem to many now. So obvious that any suggestion otherwise is now considered not only wrong, but apparently so wrong as to basically be ridiculous. I wonder what the reception of those opinions would have been BEFORE Ballard preached them? I have a feeling they would have sounded as out there as I apparently sound now.