View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
The coaching staff having issues to iron out is to be expected considering their inexperience as well. That’s much different than the Pagano regime. Two comments though:

1) A rookie head coach (with rookie coordinators) also calling plays certainly makes you wonder if it’s simply too much and will effect other areas. Something to keep an eye on.

2) I believe Luck mostly is who he is and it’s going to be hard as hell to eliminate those occasional WTF throws. But if you have a chance to eliminate them it would be by relieving some of the pressure of winning from him. He’ll have to learn that he doesn’t have to do it all for the team to win. For his career that hasn’t yet been true. It certainly won’t be this year, so I wouldn’t expect to see much of a change in that.
At least we have a head coach that can do something besides stand there, clap and pat guys on the back after they make dumbass mistakes.

I'd rather Reich call the plays. Had very few problems with the choice of plays, except for a few where they went downfield on 3rd and short. Not sure if that was Reich or Luck though.

Manning early in his career through a lot of stupid INTs into coverage. He improved. Luck will too, I think. Especially if the running game improves so you don't have to go 3rd and long and if the D improves and not always playing to score 30 to win