View Single Post
Old 03-23-2017, 07:22 AM

Thanked 1,206 Times in 531 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
@ColtsUpdate 4h4 hours ago
Report: Colts have interest in Rod Streater http://news.quiboat.com/Hb74KlE7
Hmmm...UDFA in 2012. Became a starter in OAK and earned 174 targets in his first two seasons in the league. Was suppose to headline the Raiders passing attack with new rookie QB Carr but ended up going on IR after only 3 games in 2014 with a foot injury.

Was not recovered in 2015 (played in only 1 game) and was then not resigned following his RFA year and signed with SF last season where he worked as the WR4 behind Jeremy Kerley, Quinton Patton and Torrey Smith. 2016 stats were:

27 targets / 18 receptions / 66.7% catch rate / 191 yards / 10.6 average / 2 TD

With the terrible QBs that SF put out on the field, none of their receivers got many stats last year (their top receiver, Kerley, got 667 receiving yards last year).

I don't know what to think. He was killing it in the first two years in the league for a UDFA and then got robbed by the injury. It may be that it took 2 full years to recover from the injury or it may be that he will never recover.

If nothing else, he is, again, veteran depth with 127 receptions in the NFL who would challenge for playing time as the WR3/WR4. He has no NFL stats for Punt or Kickoff return.

Don't hate the concept because he will be cheap but I wonder what this signing would say about Ballard's confidence in Moncrief, Dorsett or Rogers?

Cheers,