View Single Post
Old 08-23-2018, 03:43 PM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
I think the problem is whether the NFL is fully forthcoming or have withheld research they have done. If the players were making fully informed decisions that is one thing, but if they believed that they were not doing any lasting hard and then the NFL withheld information so they would continue to play, that is definitely a violation.

Also that McD's case is thrown around a lot as a common sense case, but when you get into the details McD's actually looks pretty liable.
I understand that it's an issue that can make it worthy of a lawsuit, but what I'm saying is that you have to be dumb as shit to not know that you're doing short term and long term damage to yourself with constant violent collisions with another human being. So could they sue? Yes, of course, obviously. They had a case, but in reality, you're dumb as hell if you didn't understand that you were doing damage to yourself playing football.

The players decided to go the legal route and once they did, then they have to understand that the NFL now has no choice but to try to make the game "safer" or risk MORE lawsuits. Blame the NFL if you want, but they had no choice once the lawsuits started.

Last edited by Maniac; 08-23-2018 at 03:48 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Maniac For This Useful Post:
smitty46953 (08-23-2018)