View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
I think a lot of guys are getting hung up on the "3 year rebuild" thing.

In 2017, as bad as the team played, we lost 6 games by 7 points or less.

1 point loss
3 point loss
3 point loss
4 point loss
6 point loss
7 point loss

If we would have had one player different in 2017 (Andew Luck instead of Jacoby Brissett), how many of those games do you think we would have won?

Just swap out QBs and play the exact same team. How many?

Just by adding Luck back into the mix (along with Hooker, Wilson, Anderson, a healthy Kelly and hopefully a healthy Mewhort) move the needle a TON even without a single draftee.

Sure, we may be 3 years away from being competitive with winning the SB, but I could easily see a 10 win season in 2018 if Luck comes back strong, we draft well and Ballard can fill in with some cap cut veterans prior to the regular season.

I really don't think we are only going to be a 4 or 6 win team next year.

Walk Worthy,
To some extent I agree. My argument has always been that Luck changes everything. But many seem to want to have it both ways: they aren’t rebuilding because with Luck the team will be competitive, but Ballard’s playing it smart with free agency cause the roster sucks and you aren’t winning anything anyway. To me both those things can’t be true. Either Luck (and the others you mentioned) give you a chance to compete or he doesn’t. If you are in a 3 yr rebuild then maybe you can justify the mediocre free agency period and unused cap space. But if Luck makes you competitive then I don’t see how you can justify it.