View Single Post
Old 03-20-2018, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
Its not wasting luck, he needs time to build a good team. It is what it is.

Grigson tried to go for it quick when we had early success and that ultimately failed. Sure that was in large part due to inept coaching, but its still not a good strategy.

QBs are playing much longer into their careers. If ballard can build a sustained winner for a decade, then I will give him this upfront time to build that.
There is plenty of space between Grigsons approach and Ballard’s. I’m not advocating a spending spree for stop gap veterans meant to put the team over a hump. I’m saying there was enough talent in free agency and enough cap space to fill a few holes with above replacement level players. Would you have had to overpay? Absolutely. That’s the nature of free agency. You can’t build a team through it, but you sure as hell can add important pieces to it. Especially when you have the most important piece in place - a franchise QB. This was not the Cleveland Browns. Not when you have Luck in place. I sure as hell hope Luck is as patient with his career and health as you are. He’s going to be throwing 40+ times again next year behind what is at best an inexperienced line (assuming they use their picks there) and at worst another shitty one.