Thread: Rumor
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2017, 11:22 AM

Thanked 1,206 Times in 531 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post
I heard on local (Orlando) radio today that maybe the Jaguars are looking to trade down out of their #4 pick.
It would be neat to get that one, but then, the guy on the radio was also talking about them possibly trading it for Tony Romo, which is just about the dumbest thing I've ever heard...
That would probably take this year's #1 and next year's #1 to get up to #4 overall.

And for who? Myles Garrett is the prize of this class but he will be long gone by #4. If he is somehow not, then you absolutely trade away next year's #1 for him.

Three of the next best defensive players are secondary; CB Marshon Lattimore S Jamal Adams and S Malik Hooker. Any would be fine additions to the Colts but do you really use two #1s for a secondary guy? The only folks that I think you do that for are pass rushers and/or incredible talents at ILB.

DE Jonathan Adams?
ILB Ruben Foster?
DE Solomon Thomas?

Do those guys rate the loss of next year's #1 to get them over the guys who are more likely to be available at #15 like

CB Sidney Jones
OLB Derek Barnett
CB Tre'Davious White
OLB Takkarist McKinley
S Budda Baker
OLB Taco Charleston

They may be looking to trade back, but I would be shocked if Ballard pulls the trigger on a trade up unless it is packaged with a player like Allen, Dorsett or Mewhort.

Cheers,