View Single Post
Old 03-08-2017, 08:43 AM

Thanked 1,206 Times in 531 Posts

I hope we sign one of the many OGs that are on the market (Kevin Zeither, T.J. Lang, Andrew Norwell, Larry Warford, Ronald Leary, Austin Pasztor, John Jerry) for RG, push Clark/Haeg into battle for RT and have O-Line depth of: loser at RT, Good, Blythe, Fahn Cooper and one more body.

I hope we push for NT Brandon Williams, BAL in free agency (since he will not cost $10m per year like Poe) and then draft NT Deangelo Brown from Louisville with our 5th round pick.

I hope we sign DE Chris Baker, WAS in free agency to add to a position group of Henry Anderson, Kendall Langford, Hassan Ridgeway, T.Y. McGill and perhaps Arthur Jones if he is not cut after signing Baker.

I hope we sign a LB in free agency because we HAVE to add a talented veteran presence to a position group that will otherwise be rookies (Bazzie and draftees), 2nd year players (Morrison, King, Rhodes), 3rd year players (Edwin Jackson, Mount) or career backups (Akeem Ayers, Chris Carter). At OLB, there only remains: Nick Perry, Jabaal Sheard, John Simon or Jarvis Jones. At ILB, there are more choices: Dont'a Hightower, Zach Brown, Gerald Hodges, Korey Toomer, Kevin Minter, Todd Davis, and Sean Smith.

I hope we sign one of the seemingly dozens of quality CBs that appear to be heading to the market as CB2 or trade our 2nd round draft pick for currently franchise tagged Trumaine Johnson, LAR.

Sign one of the 2nd tier RBs (Turbin) to back up Gore for one more year.

That then leaves our top five picks (perhaps less a 2nd rounder for Johnson) to pick defensive BPA with the caveat that at least 2 of our top five picks need to be OLB pass rushers.

Draft a Punter with our 6th round pick and call it a day.

Cheers,