Thread: so Donald Trump
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2017, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate505 View Post
The reason it's difficult to mask someone hammered vs someone stoned is the fact that someone hammered is typically more impaired than the stoned person. It's pretty hard to mask someone stoned to the point they can't function well either.

To put it another way, if someone has like 2-3 beers or whatever and they have a BAC of, say, 0.08 or so they are impaired but enough to mask it. If they drank the whole 12 pack and their BAC is at, say, 0.16 or whatever it becomes more difficult. Same with weed, though there isn't as precise a test to measure active THC levels as opposed to BAC.

While both drugs can have negative effects on a person, I struggle to see how an objective person can say that they are equal. Alcohol is a CNS depressant, and by its nature it makes it impairs motor function. It's why drunk driving is so dangerous compared to almost any other drug. It's hard to operate machinery when your own machinery doesn't operate well.

From a more anecdotal POV, alcohol tends to bring out the violence in people I almost never see with weed. I think most people agree with that. I mean, look at the Parry thread. "He stole a golf cart and punched a guy? What the fuck is his problem? Oh, he was drunk? That explains it."

On your general point (I think) I agree that both need to be regulated.
He admitted his experience with/knowledge of the drug is minimal. A lot people who have not been around it very much may feel the same way.

I don't think that warrants a debate in this thread, but I will say that alcohol has been one of the main factors in some of the most violent things I have ever witnessed in life.