View Single Post
Old 03-01-2017, 08:10 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,402 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
Ballard was just on Dakich.

He emphasized that he's not just defense first, that he's trenches first. He's all about being strong up front, offensively and defensively. He said that you never want to pass up a future Hall of Famer at a non position of need (mentioned Reggie Wayne), but if it's close, then he's gonna go with the guy that's strong up front (with that attitude, we likely end up with Malcolm Brown/Eddie Goldman).

I'm guessing this means no 1st round RB (probably for the best), but who knows if any of this is a smokescreen and we admittedly have no access to Ballard's board, so we have no idea if Ballard sees Cook/Fournette as being world's better and a future HOFer, I suppose.
Here is an interview Appears to me he would lean toward not spending a lot on anyone person and his reasons are well reasonable.

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/...3-162c3e42a99a

Quote:
“When you pay that amount of money, you have to be right on the character that you are bringing into your building.”

"He has to be a fit, he has to be a fit for what you are doing offensively and defensively. That’s where my fear of free agency comes in. Is he a good fit? Is he the type of person that is going to come in and the other players are not going to resent him because he is making an amount of money? If he is a worker and a good teammate and he is going to help us win then they will buy in and he will be a good player for us.