View Single Post
Old 04-20-2024, 10:21 AM

Thanked 1,343 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
Regardless of Pierce, I'd be surprised if they don't take a WR in this class.

As for Rd1... Bowers is probably the best football player that may still be available at #15, so if he's there take him. If not, maybe Thomas at WR but I would think they probably like a defender better in that spot if they don't trade down (which I lean towards).

Plus, it seems like a bunch of 2nd-round WR's will be available.
Agree we take a WR at some point if not 2, as at the very least we need more depth at WR.

I agree on Bowers. If he's still there at 15 he's likely the BPA so makes picking him seem like a no brainer. If Bowers is gone and we have a defensive player rated much higher than BTJ, then I suppose we take the D player. But if their grades are comparable then I'd like to see us take BTJ. As I said earlier, giving AR more weapons to help w/ his development should be a priority.

You're probably right about trading down. Depends on how things shake out ahead of us, but at this point I'm not a fan of it. If there's a true difference maker at 15 then just take him. Depending on the situation I'd like to see us move up, especially if one of the top 3 WRs drops to within trade up range for us. Although that would almost certainly be Odunze, and both BTJ and AD Mitchell have higher RAS scores so guessing Ballard may have both of them ranked just as high or higher as it is. Plus we all know that Ballard won't trade up.

Last edited by IndyNorm; 04-20-2024 at 11:12 AM.