Thread: L'Jarius Sneed
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2024, 03:25 PM

Because people are trying to make the point that the rest of the teams in the AFC south are suddenly so much better than the Colts. Which I just disagree with on so many levels.

The Colts philosophy has always been the draft, so our natural improvement is through the development of our own players and them improving year on year. So next year the young guys who saw playing time will be improved etc.

Can you say we have got worse? If not and our roster has remained much the same, come next year we are likely to be better.

Other teams have a similar philosophy and their rosters will of course develop as well. But the Colts are consistently one of the better teams in terms of the draft.

We also manage our cap really well, so that we don't lose players year after year that we might want to keep.

What we have missed for quite a few years is elite QB play. Which hopefully we have now secured, but that is still to be proven.

In my opinion, and i know not everyone agrees with this, is that this is probably one of the best rosters i can recall the Colts having from top to bottom. The fact that we were able to be competitive in almost every game is testament to that, along with quality coaching. But coaches are meant to be getting the maximum out of players, and then making the right calls in the crucial moments of games.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ukcolt For This Useful Post:
BCN#1 (03-23-2024), Colts And Orioles (03-23-2024), Racehorse (03-23-2024), sherck (03-24-2024), TheMugwump (03-26-2024), YDFL Commish (03-24-2024)