View Single Post
Old 01-09-2024, 09:35 AM

Thanked 1,346 Times in 759 Posts

Quote:
You have pinpointed what I am frustrated about. Based on results, Stroud should've been rated head and shoulders above the rest of the class, as I had it. He led the league in TD:INT ratio AS A ROOKIE and game in and game out displayed the Aaron Rodgers like qualities (including leading the league in TD:INT ratio) that he displayed at Ohio State all year, not just in the Georgia game. His rookie year is proof that that assessment was wrong.

I'm a Colts fan, the Colts winning is ultimately what I want. Stroud is clearly going to be a franchise QB barring injury. If Richardson lives up to his potential and is also a franchise QB, it'll completely remove the sting of missing a different franchise QB.
There you go with your hindsight harping again.

Quote:
As for the 2021 QB class, it looks like they were all bad. At least I can point at team based factors that ruined the development of Jones and Wilson. It's not like they're Trevor Lawrence who still can't read a defense.
See, you still can't admit that you were wrong about Wilson and Jones (neither of which can read a defense to save their lives either). Just admit that you were wrong. It'll be healthy for you, and people on the board will respect you more.

Also, who said anything about Lawrence? I don't know if it's b/c he banged your mom or something, but the dude has been living rent free in your head for the past 3 years now. Whatever it is that's causing this you should let it go.

Quote:
If Young had 4 more inches of height, I'd've ultimately ranked Stroud higher. Why? Because they were very close in terms of performance, but there was one differentiating trait that made Stroud better in my eyes. Both QBs often rolled out of the pocket and improvised. When Young did it, he looked to run more often and didn't always keep his eyes downfield. Stroud ALWAYS kept his eyes downfield and often made opposing defenses pay for not maintaining zone discipline when he rolled out. That's why my high end comp for Stroud was Rodgers and my high end comp for Young was prime Russell Wilson. I'd choose Rodgers over Wilson.
I wasn't trying to compare Stroud and Young. Stroud is clearly better, and few (if any) of us thought differently going into the draft. What I was trying to convey is that you were high on Young, and at least as of now he looks like an epic bust.

Quote:
That said, Young absolutely had a terrible rookie season on the worst roster in the league. I wouldn't write him off just yet. Both he and Richardson have a chance to completely change the narrative next year. I wouldn't count either of them out at this point.
Agree that you can't give up on Young even though he was god awful this year, but clearly the signs are there that he's a possibly bust.

Not sure the narrative needs to be flipped on AR. Dude got hurt. It happens in the NFL. But what we saw when he played was VERY promising. Although you seem to want the Colts to give up on him since you've been bringing up that we should draft Jayden Daniels.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (01-09-2024), Racehorse (01-09-2024), Spike (01-09-2024)