View Single Post
Old 01-07-2024, 12:26 PM

Thanked 1,900 Times in 927 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
Possible silver lining is that Hou just barely beat us w/ our back QB, and they needed to make some great plays along w/ some really bad mistakes from us to do so. Makes me think that if AR had stayed healthy and continued to progress through the year that we very well could have beat them handily.

Hou will probably get better in the offseason as they have plenty of cap space and due to the Watson trade and another trade w/ Philly pretty much have their normal allotment of draft picks.

The Jaguars probably won't be able to add anything in FA and might have to release some guys. They don't have much cap space and have to pay Josh Allen along w/ some other players like Ridley. Also, they need to figure out what to do w/ Lawrence.

Ballard's going to have his work cut out for him this offseason. Not only do we have plenty of our own we need to re-sign (MPJ, Grover, Blackmon) and possibly extend (Defo, Franklin, Speed), but we need some serious improvement in the secondary at both CB and S, more pass rush, and more weapons for AR.
I think Grover and Pitt are the most important to keep.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Braden Smith is released. Been nothing but hurt and they seem to like Freeland.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
Dewey 5 (01-07-2024)