Thread: Reich fired!
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2023, 11:54 PM

Thanked 1,670 Times in 798 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
But I am not alone in my reversals of my feelings ...... these are some posts following the 2018 season, a season in which Frank Reich was named the AFC Coach of the Year.
Hey, we're probably a dropped MAC pass away from "too much analytics."

I've had the inkling for a while... and I'm surely getting ahead of myself by mentioning at this point in the season... but I was thinking this season could have a similar (not same) vibe to '21.

Bit of a liability at QB, but sneaky good defense and OL/ run game that made for a scrappy, overlooked team... took a while to settle in after a rough early season, got on a roll, and became everyone's favorite dark horse. It was fun while it happened. Got ugly after.

Again, it's too early, but it feels like we're a scrappy team that'll be in the discussion til the end, which was not the feel a few weeks ago. We lack the opportunity for statement wins like BUF, NE, ARZ that '21 had.

But on the flip side, that means an easier schedule to punch your ticket. Then go '95 mode and upset some teams' Januaries. Like I said, too early... but fun to think about.