View Single Post
Old 10-26-2023, 08:06 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,139 Times in 646 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
Sure, I know what you're saying. I just think in the context of our that situation with our kicker and our HC, it wasn't a reckless decision. There was a more prudent choice, but there always is.

We were lined up at the CLE 42 on 4th down. Field position-wise, Steichen has shown he's willing to gamble around mid-field on 4th down. Maybe you don't like that, which is fine. I like/trust the aggression.

So he's probably thinking A.) My kicker is one of the best and can make this kick, and B.) even if he misses, our D is playing well and CLE has a backup at QB... we can stop them even at mid-field. He was right, btw, because CLE had a 0-yard drive after that block.

The X-factor was obviously Garrett making a phenomenal play. I mean if he even touches one of our OL as he leaps over, it's a 15-yarder. You can't account for that kind of freakish play.
Hard to do that when THEY ARE HOLDING YOU DOWN!!!!

Go back and look at the block FG, 2 of the Browns linemen held our guys down so Garret could jump over cleanly!! Fuckin crock of bill Belicheat shit that Bubba pulled out on us
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to apballin For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (10-26-2023), Colts And Orioles (10-27-2023), Racehorse (10-26-2023), Spike (10-27-2023)