View Single Post
Old 08-06-2023, 08:36 PM

Thanked 2,275 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
I didn't realize the NFL paid by how many hits you took. Here I thought it was all about how hard it was to reproduce your production, but alas it is about taking hits.

Ngakoue gets 8-10 sacks for 10 million. If you could get 6-8 sacs with a mid round draft choice for what, maybe less than a million a year, you would be crazy to spend 10 million. But you can't get that production (usually) out of a rookie pass rusher but easily get it out any number of running backs. Not only that it is almost impossible to win without some kind of consistent pass rush. Titles are won by teams without anything close to a break away threat at running back all the time. Pass rushers are way more difficult to find than adequate running backs and is way way more important to winning against the quality of QBs we have to go through.
My point is that Ngakoue doesn't get consistent pass rush. He is getting sacks of the Eric Walden variety. Ngakoue's sacks are all of the cleanup, un- blocked or coverage variety sacks? He offers nothing in run support either.
The Following User Says Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (08-06-2023)