View Single Post
Old 02-28-2023, 03:20 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,665 Times in 964 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
Well normally I would tend to agree with that math. But assuming Leonard returns to form, the 20% that Leonard does that Okereke does not (primarily turnovers, but also coverage) is not weighted equally.

I think before last year he was averaging something absurd like 8 Int's+FF's by himself per year. Since what he excels at are game-altering plays, I don't know that it's wise to give that up.
I get what you're saying, but a franchise QB makes far more game altering plays than Leonard ever will. It's a calculated risk, and one I imagine will be unpopular, but the potential payoff is a stronger roster for a rookie contract franchise QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
If hes healthy, and you dont have a LB slot open, play him at SS, or what us old farts call monster back. You find a way to get Leonard on the field, you dont trade him. And any DC who cant figure out how to use him, should be fired.
I'm not arguing Leonard isn't a valuable player, I'm arguing that cap math and retention of draft capital make trading him make sense. Leonard may have more value to the Bears than the Colts at this point.