Thread: Marcus Brady
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2022, 07:35 PM

Thanked 1,343 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy View Post
I doubt Strausser's contract will be renewed next season.

I said it before and I will say it again - I think the main reason why Strausser kept his job and Brady did not was because the Colts didn't like the in season replacement options for OL Coach.

Mawae is still relatively new to coaching and we don't know how "good" he is at the job. FWIW, Mawae previously was an assistant line coach with the Bears for one season and he was not retained.

The only other coach on the staff who had OL coaching experience was TE Coach Klayton Adams. The Colts could have combined the roles and made it OL + TE Coach but they may not have liked that idea with several young TE's on the roster. Considering what a dumpster fire the OL is - you know he probably would have had to devote most of his time to the OL.
Yeah, but here's the thing. The Colts could go grab some homeless guy out on the street and give him Stausser's job and things wouldn't get any worse. Why not give Mawae a chance? He might actually get in the OLs faces and tell them the truth about what giant pussies they've been all season. Might motivate them to actually show some pride and give a decent effort for a change.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (11-06-2022), Spike (11-06-2022)