Old 10-07-2022, 04:41 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,416 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
saturday was the center for the colts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Saturday

Quote:
The Colts signed him as a free agent on January 7, 1999. In his rookie season, Saturday backed up starting guard Steve McKinney, and earned his first NFL start at left guard on November 21, 1999, against the Philadelphia Eagles. After only two regular season starts in 1999, Saturday started all 16 regular season games of the 2000 season at center for the Colts, and continued to start every game thereafter—for a total of 85 consecutive games—before sitting out two games with an injury in December 2004. Saturday finished his time with the Colts as the team's starting center for 12 straight seasons, and was the anchor of the Colts' offensive line, which gave up the fewest quarterback sacks among all NFL teams in the 2004, 2005, and 2006 seasons.
Quote:
The Colts, who lost third-round draft pick Brandon Burlsworth to a fatal automobile accident that spring, signed Saturday.

He played 11 games at guard for the Colts that season, and after asking offensive line coach Howard Mudd after the season if he should renew his apartment lease Saturday was told "Hell, you're not going anywhere."
I remember he was making the line calls from the G position.

I could be wrong, but I thought he played G against Denver, so he could match up with Trevor Price and he beat his ass all game
The Following User Says Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
TheMugwump (10-07-2022)