View Single Post
Old 10-04-2022, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
I could be wrong, but I believe Irsay didn't want to suffer the down years that would happen with a rookie QB. He advocated for Rivers, listened to Reich about Wentz and advocated for Ryan. He wanted a vet that just might give him lightening in a bottle.
I don’t buy it. Irsay of all people understands the value of stability at QB. He moved from Manning to ensure what should have been the next 12 years at QB. It completely fits Ballard’s MO though and everything he’s said from day one. But even that doesn’t matter, let’s say Irsay does want to catch “lightning in a bottle”. Then the GM has repeatedly fucked up by not prioritizing winning this year. What Ballard did at DE and WR last year was not a win now move. What they are doing at LT and WR this year is not a win now move. So getting a win now QB and not shoring up major weaknesses is nothing short of incompetence- no matter whose idea the win now QB is.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:
CanuckColt (10-04-2022), Dewey 5 (10-04-2022), Pez (10-05-2022), rcubed (10-04-2022)