View Single Post
Old 04-24-2022, 07:26 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

MeSayDayo you may be right about our offensive line, wide receivers and Wentz/Ryan comparison-if we played this game on paper. We need to grow with new players in the first two of those situations and I disagree with you completely (not on mobility but on ability to get sacked) with the Wentz/Ryan comparison. All of them are interrelated as is the fact that Ryan will be involved with Reich as an offensive designer. I trust Ballard on evaluation of offensive line, don't think a guard is that difficult to replace (unless we are talking about the great Nelson) and certainly don't think that replacing Fischer is an impossible task. I am concerned about offensive line depth but cannot remember a year when the depth was settled a week before the draft, it may happen but it is rare. Wide receivers are the most overvalued position in the NFL right now, they are being paid like QBs, it is ridiculous. The only sensible way to address them is through the draft, Ballard will probably do that. Nobody on this board has any idea who will be the WRs on this team in even 10 days. Movement in pocket, with awareness, and knowing how to effectively run an offense are way way more important in keeping from getting sacked than athletic ability. The ability to throw accurate intermediate passes is underappreciated everywhere. And lets no forget how bad Wentz was on play action, one of Ryans strengths. Slows down pass rushers big time.
And yes we will no longer be wed to RPO. Thank god for that. Wentz was capable of reading one defensive player and making his move off of that. Pitiful when you are used to a QB (like we have been) that could actually read the movement of more than on defensive player. Tons of those 'athletic' plays occurred because the dufus didn't take the easy play and tried to show his athleticism off. Problem was that the NFL if full of equally athletic defensive players. This Colt glass is 3/4 full and being filled more all the time. Why be bummed now in the off season? There is a whole season for that-and there will be plenty of it, always is.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (04-25-2022)