View Single Post
Old 04-07-2022, 12:24 PM

Thanked 2,642 Times in 1,557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
I'm taking the night off of arguing over Ballard, but thought it'd be fun to expand on the side conversation in the FA thread on really bad draft picks.

So list in your opinion the worst draft pick for each of the Colts GMs in the Indy era along with an honorable mention(s) if you want. Here are mine:

Irsay - Jeff George, at least when considering how much we gave up to unnecessarily trade up to #1 overall and select him. Honorable mention: Art Schlichter

Tobin - Trev Alberts. Honorable mention: Dedric Mathis

Polian - Tony Ugoh. Honorable mentions: Gilbert Gardner, Sweet Pea Burns

Grigson - Bjorn Werner. Honorable mention: everyone else drafted by Grigson from '13 on except for Kelly, Mewhort, and I guess Moncrief

Ballard - Tarrell Basham - and what was worse that wasting a pick on him is that we cut a productive LB/DE in John Simon in '18, who went on to help the Cheats win the SB, to keep Basham only to cut his worthless ass like 2 weeks later. Honorable mentions: Quincy Wilson, Ben Banogu.
It's hard to disagree with any of these...maybe Irsay picking Steve Emtman number 1 overall in 1992 deserves honorable mention. Good post!