View Single Post
Old 08-28-2017, 04:28 AM

Thanked 1,902 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpaceman View Post
Watched taped delayed this morning :

They did look better overall, offense and defense. It at least gives me some hope for the season.

I don't know if it will be this year or next, but Mack is the back of the future for this team. Another good showing. Explosive through the whole, when they are there, which is still not often enough

Fewer missed tackles and better lateral pursuit by the team today overall.

Farley REALLY showed up, great game by him. Sack, knocked down pass, huge hit downfield.

You can see the influence of Mathis on the pass rushers. One strip sack and they just missed a few others. The pressure on the QB seemed better this game

They seem to be mixing up the D with more corner and safety blitzes, trying to time it right to bring up the extra player at the last minute to get pressure. Its a high risk/high reward system. I think we are going to see a feast/famine D this year. The one positive this preseason has been more turnovers on D. I think they will have to depend on turnovers for stops because they are still consistently getting beat against the run and pass, not getting 3rd down stops.

Run D struggled on the outside, not closing off the edge, but improved later in the game.

Tolzein looked competent, much better than the last few weeks. Morris looked great I thought, though. Still think they will go with Tolzien because of the experience factor, but Morris should be the #2 and hopefully they keep 3 QBs this season. I hope Morris gets a shot somewhere as a starter in the next few years, I think he has real talent.

TJ Green injured and I didn't hear on update on him. Will be interesting to see what happens there.

The D did face two very good offenses the last few weeks in Dallas and Pitt, looked bad against one and inconsistent but better against Pitt. Though Bell was not in the game, Davis is a pretty good back up. The Rams week one are not going to have that potent of an offense and really don't face great offensive teams the first month. Hopefully gives the younger guys time to get better.

I didn't notice Hooker and Wilson much this game.

OL still giving up too much penetration too often for consistent running game. Too many negative plays
Wilson missed the game with a knee injury, I believe. Not sure if Hooker played.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
DrSpaceman (08-28-2017)