View Single Post
Old 02-20-2022, 09:01 AM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,414 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
Ballard has checked every box ……. except QB, DE, and LT. The three most important positions to winning. That’s without getting into the debate about whether or not the WR corp is lacking (I think it is). Hopefully DE is checked now, but that remains to be seen and is far from certain. He went into the season with no DE on the roster with double digit career sacks. I honestly haven’t been able to verify it, but I have to believe the number of teams that have done that and did anything in the post season is pretty small. Especially when you consider that the guy he counted on to improve it had all of 11.5 sacks in 4 college seasons. That’s not a knock on Paye, he’s clearly talented. But that in no way addressed a major need for the season.

I can make an argument to defend most of Ballard’s individual decisions (even those I disagree with)but ultimately he is what his record says. And his methods have led to a team with holes at some of the most critical positions. I don’t necessarily blame him for the QB position, but he’s in danger of wasting all of the good things he has done due to his decisions at the three big positions.
He drafted two DEs last draft. Both look pretty good. Fisher was hurt most of the year, that was a wiff. We know the Qb drama since Luck retired, and maybe he should have sold the future for Stafford. Thats in the past. Do you want kurk cousins? Thats about all that is out there. Or Brady.