View Single Post
Old 02-06-2022, 12:29 PM

Thanked 1,343 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
Seems like a 'safe' hire. Old white guy. Doesn't excite me in the least, but really not coaching hire would have. I understand that most freaks and Colt fans think our biggest need is QB. Not me. Teams have won the Super Bowl with mediocre QBs before and will again. A team with Wentz at QB can win, just not because of him. A team that rushes the passer like we have the last few years will never win a Super Bowl. To me it is our biggest weakness, one that is impossible to overcome with the quality of QBs we play. It explains why we suck at holding a lead and are shit in the 4th quarter. Bradley blitzes less than even we did last year so our young guys better make a move if we are going to be anything more than a bubble team trying to be one and done as the best we can do. I have zero faith but tons of hope.
Agree that pass rush is a huge issue, but it should probably do considered 1B in Ballard's priorities with QB being 1A. Looking at the last 10 Super Bowls at least 1 team (typically the winner) has/had an elite QB and more often that not both teams do/did.

'21- 2/2 (Stafford/Burrow)
'20 - 2/2 (Brady/Mahomes)
'19 - 1/2 (Mahomes/Garoppolo)
'18 - 1/2 (Brady/Goff)
'17 - 1/2 (Foles/Brady) - Although Foles caught lightening in a bottle in the NFCCG and SB
'16 - 2/2 (Brady/Ryan)
'15 - 1/2 (Manning/Newton) - Could arguably be 2/2, but putting 1/2 b/c Peyton was done in '15.
'14 - 2/2 (Brady/Wilson)
'13 - 2/2 (Wilson/Manning)
'12 - 0/2 (Flacko/Kaepernick) - Arguably 1/2 b/c Kaepernick was really good that year and the following before dropping like a rock