View Single Post
Old 01-29-2022, 11:39 AM
Historian

Thanked 3,282 Times in 2,024 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

I wanted Wentz over Darnold, and it wasn't close.

In spite of what wound up being a disastrous final 2 games of 2021, I still have some hope that Wentz will have a better season in 2022 after having gotten a year of experience under his belt playing with his new team.

o

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post

Funny, I was going to post that in hindsight I'd still have rather us traded for Darnold b/c the Panthers only had to give up a 6th for him. I googled to double-check that I was right on the round, and it turns out that the Jets gave up a 2nd and 4th pick in this year's draft, in addition to the 6th-rounder in 2021. I'm not sure that we got the "better" deal, but the Panthers definitely got fleeced also.

o

My wanting Wentz over Darnold was strictly based on whom I thought was the better quarterback, regardless of the picks given up. Even though Darnold was playing for a largely over-matched Jets team in his first 3 seasons in the league between 2018 and 2020, I felt that Wentz had considerably more tools and overall ability than Darnold ...... now that we're in the position in which it is highly likely that Wentz will be the Colts' starting quarterback for at least one more season, I'm just hoping that he will finally start playing like the quarterback that we saw play for the Eagles in the 2017 and 2018 seasons, when he had a combined 54 TD passes to only 14 INT's and a completion percentage of 69.6% in the latter season.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck