View Single Post
Old 01-06-2022, 12:30 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,280 Times in 2,023 Posts

o

This article is not necessarily my opinion. I'm just putting it out there because I came across it.

That said, I'm looking at it from the other side ...... when Carson Wentz hurt both of his ankles late in the 4th quarter of the Colts' very close loss to the Rams, they were trailing by only 3 points. Jacob Eason came in with a little over 2 minutes left to play, and a chance to lead the offense to either a game-tying field goal or a game-winning touchdown. After thrown an incomplete pass on the first play from scrimmage, Eason threw an INT to end the Colts' chances for a win.

The next week, a severely-hobbled Carson Wentz gutted out a game against the Titans in a losing effort. At the time, many Colts fans felt that they would rather have Carson Wentz playing in a wheelchair than have either Jacob Eason or Sam Ehlinger take the snaps from the center ...... so Wentz may not have had the season that many Colts fans were hoping that he would have, but there is also a LOOOOONG gap between him and whomever we have lined up next. And yes, I suppose one could argue that Chris Ballard should have done a better job at finding better back-up quarterbacks than Eason and/or Ehlinger, but there really aren't a hell of a lot of them (good back-up QB's) throughout the league ...... perhaps he could have made an effort to acquire Case Keenum, but I don't think that the Raiders were going to just let us have Marcus Mariota. And I'm not sure that anyone could have foreseen Taylor Heinicke coming in and doing the very respectable job that he has done for the Redskins in place of the injured Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Is Carson Wentz Holding the Colts Back ???

(By Brett Mock)

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2022/1/...the-colts-back

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck