Thread: Draft 2021
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2021, 01:14 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,665 Times in 964 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
I’ve seen Farley go after Newsome in most mocks. Surtain will be the first CB off the board. I think all the edge prospects are projects, the CB’s are better group at the top this year. He’s spent high draft capital on two corners already.

So you’re saying Jaycee Horn is like Rock ya sin. Who they drafted and see as a scheme fit. Ok
I don't see Ojulari or Phillips as projects. I think either of those two come in and start Day 1 for you, and I think Phillips is a Top 15 pick without the concussion history. I would agree that CB is a better overall group in this draft at the top, but I would argue that at 21, you're looking at CB3 or CB4 vs. EDGE1, and I'd argue EDGE1 is better than CB3 in this draft.

I haven't really watched Horn, so I don't have much of an opinion on him. I was going off of you saying he gets grabby to point out that that is Ya-Sin's biggest flaw at present, then adding to that that Horn is a bad tackler, which is one of the strong points of Ya-Sin's game. In other words, Horn is a bad scheme fit because he can't tackle, and he brings one of the worst traits of Ya-Sin which is keeping Ya-Sin from reaching his potential. That's why I say pass.