View Single Post
Old 01-24-2021, 10:27 PM
Post whore

Thanked 4,806 Times in 2,678 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
That really sounds like people who are relying on school pedigree and haven't really watched him play. Also remember Russell Wilson wasn't a first rounder to most NFL front offices because he was 5'11" and played at Wisconsin, who had never really produced an NFL QB. Watch Mac Jones throw a fade, a deep post, etc. When you find it on film (and it won't be that hard to find), go back and watch it again but watch for two specific things: 1) when does he start to throw the ball, and 2) when is the ball out? Watch the WR-DB matchup specifically in relation to this. Because what you're going to see (because it's what I saw on every throw like that over 8 or so games of film) is that at the exact moment the DB turns to run with the WR, Jones throws the ball. That's NFL level anticipation, and something AJ McCarron never showed.

Tua was a rookie last year and relied a lot more on athleticism to succeed than Mac Jones does. All I know is I wouldn't be surprised to see Darth Hoodie or Tomlin pull the trigger on him and all of us regret that for the next decade plus.
GM's and their staffs don't rely on school pedigree only, that's insane. They wouldn't be employed for long if they did.

Just a few QB's drafted in the 1st round from non pedigree schools, I am sure there is a shit load more.

Mahomes - Texas Tech
Matt Ryan - Boston College
Aaron Rodgers - Cal
Phillip Rivers - North Carolina State
Rottenberger - Miami (OH)

Here are the 1st round picks from 2019 and 2020, all pretty much non pedigree schools.

Josh Allen - Wyoming
Kyler Murry - Oklahoma
Lamar Jackson - Louisville
Joe Burrow -LSU
Haskins - Ohio State
Daniel Jones - Duke
Goff - Cal
Wentz - North Dakota State
Tannehill -Texas A&M
Tua - Alabama
Herbert - Oregon
Love - Utah State

One last point, I'm betting that I won't ever regret not drafting Mac Jones.